Cowboy Ted's Foundation for Kids Mission Statement
The mission statement of Cowboy Ted's Foundation for Kids is
"To introduce young people to positive role models, who encourage youngsters to choose a healthy lifestyle for themselves, including the choice to refuse to use tobacco products."
This comprehensive Healthy Choices program consists of the following programs:
- Healthy Choices School Assembly Program
- Cowboy Fitness Programs for Kids
- Cowboy Day Camp and After-School Programs
- Billy the Bull - Healthy Choices On-line Book Series
- Summer Reading & Fitness Programs
- Healthy Tips for Kids with 52-topics - in print and audio versions
- A Recreation Guide to encourage kids to - get outside - get active - get healthy
- FREE Healthy Choices Resources for Kids, Teachers and Parents
The cornerstone for each of the programs is the following 8-steps for good health, which are symbolic of the 8-seconds required for a qualified ride in the sport of rodeo.
- Respect Parents
- Lead Healthy Lifestyle
- Work Hard in School
- Be Nice to Others
- Be Kind to Animals
- Set Goals for Yourself
- No Drugs, Tobacco/Alcohol
- Do Something Nice for Another Person Everyday
"Cowboy Ted" Hallisey started this IRS 501(c)(3) organization with a goal of personally touching the lives of one million children in a positive and healthy way. To date - he has visited with 200,000 kids across the country to share his Healthy Choices program.